This Privacy Statement applies to any information provided or collected through this Heineken Ireland Ltd. website and/or any Heineken Ireland Ltd. application, including the Heineken Ireland Ltd. mobile and tablet applications or any application on social media or other website (together the "Digital Media"), which are provided by Heineken Ireland Ltd, a company registered in Ireland with company number 90921 and registered office address of Ladyswell Brewery, Cork, Ireland T23VF78 (the "Company", "us", "we" or "our").
This Privacy Statement (together with our Cookies Policy http://www.heinekenireland.ie/Cookie-Policy/) sets out the basis on which we gather and use any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us by using the Digital Media. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. We are committed to protecting the privacy and personal data of users of the Digital Media.
We will use your personal data only for the purposes and in the manner set forth below which describes the steps we take to ensure our processing of your personal data is in compliance with the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 (the "Acts").
ACCEPTANCE OF THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT
By using the Digital Media, you signify acceptance of this Privacy Statement and to our using and processing your personal data. If you do not agree with or you are not comfortable with any aspect of the Privacy Statement, PLEASE LEAVE THE DIGITAL MEDIA NOW. We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement or the HIL Cookies Policy at any time. We will notify you of such changes by posting in this Privacy Statement or the HIL Cookies Policy. You are thus invited to regularly review this Privacy Statement and the HIL Cookies Policy to make sure you are aware of any changes and how your information may be used.
THE TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
When you visit or use the Digital Media in any way, we may collect and process different types of information about you.
Information You Provide to Us
In order to obtain access to information, services or products provided by us via the Digital Media you may be required to provide personal data such as your name, postal address, date of birth, email address and telephone number. We may also collect and process demographic information such as preferences and interests, which we may obtain from third parties such as Google or social media that you use. You can choose not to provide this information; however, you might not be able to gain access to our information, services or products. If you contact us for any reason, we may keep a record of the information you provide through the "Contact Us" function of the Digital Media. We may also collect and process details of any transactions or usage you carry out through the Digital Media and the fulfilment of orders.
Information We Collect Through Technology
If you make use of any Heineken social media features, either on the Digital Media or through a social media provider, we may access your personal data via that social media provider in accordance with their policies. When using a social media feature and if you have chosen to include it in your social media account, we may access personal data such as your name, profile picture, gender, birthday, email address, address and any other information you have chosen to make available. Depending on the privacy settings of you and your friends, we may access information that you provide to a social media provider regarding your respective locations (e.g. location data) to provide you with relevant content. We may also access information from social media providers about your use of the Digital Media that we run on their website.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may, from time to time, provide links to third party websites. In addition, third parties' websites may also provide links to the Digital Media. Should you choose to visit these third party websites, you should review their privacy statements to ensure you understand and are comfortable with their practices concerning your personal data. We do not accept, and we disclaim, any responsibility for the privacy statements and data protection practices of any third party website (whether or not such website is linked on or to the Digital Media). These links are provided to you for convenience purposes only, and you access them at your own risk. It is your responsibility to check the third party website's privacy statements before you submit any personal data to their websites.
USES MADE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Generally, all information collected is used for the purpose provided for which you submitted the information to us or as otherwise identified at the point of collection or in this Privacy Statement. These purposes are mainly the following:
- To display more meaningful and relevant advertisements to you;
- To identify ‘Lookalike’ audiences on social media, such as Facebook, in order to provide information, advertisements, services or products that we feel may be of use or interest to those audiences
- To provide you with general information on the Digital Media and to provide you with our products and services;
- To respond to your requests for information, feedback and other communication or correspondence you may submit to us;
- To measure your interest in and improve our products, services and Digital Media;
- To ensure that content on the Digital Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or mobile device;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us;
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of the Digital Media, when you choose to do so;
- To notify you about changes to the Digital Media, services, products or policies; and
- To notify you about special offers and products or services that may be of interest to you where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
In addition to the purpose for which you submitted your personal data, you may also be given the option (through a check box or otherwise) to have your personal data used for an activity or service different from the primary activity or service that you are requesting. For example, if you are signing up for a competition or other promotion, you may also be invited to sign up for newsletters or alerts from the Digital Media or from other websites or Heineken products. If you choose to receive these additional services, we will use your personal data to provide them to you.
We may also use your email address to send you transactional or administrative communications (e.g., confirmation email when you sign up for, or unsubscribe from, a specific registration or activity), as well as certain service related announcements (e.g. notices about updates to our Privacy Statement, changes to our online services or technical support policies, or other related changes).
We may also use your personal data and/or demographic information for our internal marketing and demographic studies, so we can constantly improve, personalise, and customise the products and services we provide you and to better meet your needs.
Subject to applicable law, this may include occasionally combining, updating, or otherwise enhancing the personal data collected through the Digital Media with data we receive from outside records or third parties. For instance, we may combine purely demographic or survey information (e.g., age, gender, household information, and other interests, etc.) not linked to any personal data about you with personal data collected in other cases (such as during account registration).
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The personal data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"), for the purposes described above. It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers who act on our behalf. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the processing of your request for information and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your personal data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Statement and the Acts.
SAFEGUARDING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
The security and confidentiality of your personal data is extremely important to us. As no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as 100% secure, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us and you transfer the personal data at your own risk. We endeavour to use and keep under review appropriate technical and organisational measures (including staff training and awareness) in order to protect against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data, including unauthorised destruction, alteration or disclosure or access. We shall only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary or as required by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, from time to time.
We may disclose your personal data to third parties:
- Where a service provider provides a service or function on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys, and fraud prevention. We may also authorise third-party service providers to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of the Digital Media or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests.
- We may also share your personal data with social media providers, such as Facebook, or other third parties, to build lookalike audiences for marketing purposes. When you access certain Heineken social media features through the Digital Media, you are sharing information with the social media provider (such as Facebook) and the information you share will be governed by their privacy statements (including that we may access such information via the social media provider). You may be able to modify your privacy settings for these social media providers. Please consult the privacy statement of the relevant social media provider for further information.
- If Heineken or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data held by us may be included in the transferred assets (for example, in the form of a database of users of the Digital Media). Similarly, personal data may be transferred as part of a corporate reorganisation, insolvency proceeding, or other similar event, if permitted by and done in accordance with applicable law;
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or court order, or in order to enforce, establish, exercise or defend legal rights, the rights, property, or safety of you, us, our group, or employees.
You have a right to know what personal data we hold about you and to request a copy of the personal data held by us about you by contacting [insert details]. We may charge a fee for this which will not exceed €6.35 or an amount otherwise permitted by law.
You can also contact us to express the following choices:
- You can request to correct your personal data if it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date or request the deletion of your personal data.
- You also always have the option not to share any of your personal data with us or to object to the processing of your data by us for legitimate reasons. However, if you choose this option, you will be limited in the activities and features we can provide you.
- If you do not want to receive newsletters, announcements, or other communications and/or services from the Digital Media, please do not opt-in for those communications or services at the time of registration. If you have opted-in and, at a later time, wish to opt-out, please click on the unsubscribe link inserted in our communications or amend your preferences accordingly.
- Along with every email communication sent to you, we provide you the opportunity to discontinue receiving future communications (i.e., unsubscribe). Simply follow the unsubscribe process or directions provided in the email.
It is your responsibility to ensure that any information you have provided to us is accurate and up-to-date. If any of the information that you have provided to us changes, please send us an email entitled 'CHANGE OF DETAILS' to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions, comments, requests and complaints regarding this Privacy Statement and the information we hold are welcome; please contact us at email@example.com